Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Dia De Los Muertos




This post has a long time in coming but its here!


Hello Lovelies! So I did a Day of the Dead photo shoot on November 1st which is sometimes referred to Dia de los Muertos.
I had a massive amount of these photos on my hand to choose and edit which is why it's taken me so long to make a post, but I did it!








So I did the photo shoot with my sister and two other photographers, they're known as Wellington Guzman  and Oscar Gonzalez. We ventured through a few cemeteries and some small bumps but overall the day was a success, with gorgeous weather and high hopes.




For those of you who don't know Dia de los Muertos also known as Day of the Dead, is a Mexican holiday celbrated throughout Mexico and around the world in other cultures. The holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died. The holidays falls on November 1 and 2 of each year.





To celebrate the deceased is to accept that death is an inevitable part of life. Life and death are two sides of the same coin — life cannot exist without death, and vice versa.
The Skulls also known as calaveras are the symbol of mortality.

















 On the same day I took a few pictures of my sisters husband who I begged to wear his steam punk costume from Halloween.
























I hope you all liked the pictures and enjoyed this post. I'd like to thank Wellington, Oscar, whom are amazing photographers and you can check then out on the link below,and of course my beautiful sister. And until next time! 

You can find all their links and insta grams below!

Wellington Guzman: 
Wellingtonguzman.com
Instagram: wellington_miami

Oscar Gonzalez: https://m.flickr.com/photos/106970516@N08/
Instagram: Osgonza

Ambar:
http://confessionsofabrewwife.blogspot.com

Sincerely and Truly yours,

Jade xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment