Monday, April 20, 2015

Reprise of Makeup Mondays

Hey beauties!

Make up has never been one of my fortes but it doesn't mean I don't love learning new tricks. I usually pick up a bit of information here and there from Pinterest and from my friends...



I missed the 4th Monday in the month that introduced beauty to my blog, so make up Monday has returned from the grave to grace us with it's presence.

Previously  on the last Makeup Mondays I introduced one of my good friends Aislynn. For my next and finally new make up Monday post, Aislynn is back and with a mini summer make up tutorial. The product info is quite a bit hefty so bear with me. 

So I like the following look because the eyeshadow is very versatile for spring and the look can transition easily with various lipstick shades.

This is the list of ALL the products used:

-Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer 
-L'OREAL true match foundation in Nude Beige W3 mixed with Maybelline Dream Liquid mousse in Light 2 
-Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in 120 Creamy Ivory for concealer 
Setting Powder: Maybelline FIT me pressed powder in 100 Translucent
-Bronzer: Femme Couture Baked Bronzer in Tropic Touch 
-Eyebrows: Milani Eyebrow Pencil in Natural Taupe 



 Below are pictures of the eyes for the tutorial, so the pictures explain how but for the face, I used a flat top brush to mix and apply my foundation because I find it applies better that way and for bronzer and blush I used a fluffy angled brush! 

Oh and to blend my concealer I used a beauty blender


Eyes: I used a palette I got for christmas using purple and brown shades / -Mascara: Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Volum' Express 
Eyeliner: Sephora Pencil in 13 Tiramisu, Matte. 





Lips: I mixed Milani Color Statement Lipliner in 13 Pretty Pink, Covergirls Lipstick in Deep FoncĂ©, Femme Couture lipstick in Nude Kiss & Extra Volume Lipgloss in the shade 15 by Kiko 



Ok and Finally, Nyx setting spray in Matte Finish! Sadly there was no name for the eyeshadow palette I received it during Christmas, all I can tell you is it's from Macys. But if you have similar colors you can easily recreate the look. 




For a much softer and more spring time look I changed my lipstick to a nice carnation pink.
This is the same look but with the Milani Color Statement Lipliner in 13 Pretty Pink

I hope you enjoyed this mini tutorial. I'm hoping to bring make up Monday's more to the blog, it's been scheduled on my planners to be the fourth Monday of every month.

I'd like to give a quick thanks to Aislynn for taking the time and doing this for me. You can check out more of her work on 
her YouTube and Instagram which will be listed below:

Instagram: Makeupbyaislynn 

(Please ignore the April Christmas Tree in the background, I can't really explain...)

Anyway I'd like to thank you all for bearing with me these past five weeks. I know I've been slacking and I'm terribly sorry. I have over 25 drafts since last time I posted, so I'm hoping to get  my thoughts and time together and post more. I've already typed up and finish the next post that will appear sometime this week after I've gone through it and make some tweaks.

I love every person who's been reading my blog and staying strong with me through my absences and ramblings of posts, I promise going to get better. I love you all and I'll see you next time!

Sincerely and truly yours,

Jade xo

No comments:

Post a Comment