Sunday, May 24, 2015

Dream of Warmth



Hey babes! 

Can I apologize in advance for the state of my blog during the Hellatus? (Hiatus because the things I needed to do made me feel like I was in hell)

 


 

Don't hate me but life and school has caught up with me and I'm trying to finish some things so I can focus on important things in my life, one of them being my blog. I had finals this weeks so the last 3 weeks since my last post was all dedicated to studying. But I haven't neglected my baby completely as the whole time I was away I drawing up a bunch of projects I plan to start as soon as school as over in the first week of June. During I have no excuse but to be constant in timing and content.
I can't wait to share with you when the time comes! 

Right now photography hacks that have upheld my attention and has had me in a frenzy of constant reprise of tricks is DIY Filters, especially those that create this hazy photograph that almost reminds me of a dream.


A dreamy photograph is a photo that makes me sigh as I stare in wonder; I love the cloudy vignette and cotton candy colors of a dreamy photo. I've been trying to recreate my own for a while, playing with free lensing which could use a bit of practice in my part and now I'm starting to dabble in filters.
DIY camera filters are as fun to use as they are to make as it really brings out a creative and thoughtful side. It makes you really think what can you use a filter to make it your own. I'm working on some ideas but I don't have anything concrete yet. But during spring break I've been playing with DIY filters that I've gotten off of Pinterest and other blogs. I love the fact that I can add some depth to my photo merely by using a silk stocking lying around.

I just wanted to show you guys how cool these effects are and how you can do it too with some simple items lying around the house. 

This is the first post in a recent segment I've wanted to start: Filter Friday. I was gonna post all the filters I've experimented with but I'd rather have a bunch of posts that give me time to get my connerie together. (Pardon my French)

Anyway I'm gonna show you what some of these effects can do starting with my favorite:
  • A Film Negative

My favorite by far has been the film negative, it completely changes a dull photograph and mixes colors to create this sort of dreamy, sepia/cotton candy color. I absolutely love it, depending on the negative that you have the colors are amaze balls. The more color on you negative that usually is a small range due to it being a negative can be blues and purples from your inverted negative.



(Please excuse my skillfully painted nails, I tend to leave nail polish on longer than I should)




It's a really cool, simple, and new thing to add to your photography and I love experimenting with it. All you need is a negative old or new, place it in front of your camera as your shooting, and just experiment with the exposure, focus, and shutter. You can make some magical photographs with that little film strip. The film strip messes with the focus and at times distorts the image you have to play with the focus quite a bit for a sharp image. But I like my image sort of distorted because it looks, (sorry to be redundant) dreamy and hazy, it's all just a blur but your able to make out the details and what you can spot just leaves sort of a daze for the eyes.


This is a quick view from outside my bedroom window and the effects vary a lot with the light coming in and out, especially the filter used. Also when using a ngative at times when you don't have a lot of light or if you do, the strip might make your photo darker so you'd have to play with your camera settings to get the amount of light you want.

I currently don't own an external flash but I'm looking into buying one soon; I wonder how the filter would appear with an artificial light...


Shades of Warmth and Cool:




 It really adds a vintage camera appeal to a photograph which I absolutely love and I've seen come back with presets and filters.

Hey guys sorry for the lack of posting but summer is coming, finals are over. and I'm all yours!

Sincerely and Truly yours,

Jade xo




No comments:

Post a Comment