Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Summer 2015: Living in a Lemonworld

 

"Red, white, blue is in the sky. Summer's in the air and. Baby, heaven's in your eyes." -Lana Del Rey

Summer is nothing without adventure and new hope. Thinking of summer is laughing with my friends as the sun goes down and the sky is filled with oranges and pinks. The cool satisfaction of having your jeans rolled up and your feet submerged in cool home waters. The wind blows and you close your eyes as your hair whips softly around your face.
Summer is beautiful and full of opportunities and taking daring risks for the sake of fun, those 3 months resemble nothing you've felt before as it almost feels like your very last days so you live to the fullest, laugh the hardest, and conquer any doubts and fears.


Miami Summer is pretty much a year round thing, so when the official season is here we take it unto ourselves as Floridians to make this time the most special, exploring what it has to offer, as the rest of the year may feel like a constant summer's day its just merely a technicality.


This summer I've compiled a bucket list of adventures and places I want to see and do. Last summer was truly the most amazing summer I've ever had, with an internship at UM, meeting Jason Momoa, going to New York to pop my concert cherry and see my favorite band which was absolutely incredible, and hanging out with my friends by the pool. You can check out images in last years summer story post. But this a new year for new opportunities and adventures. This my list of aspirations:



1. Go to the beach (Cliché I kno's but what's summer without feeling tiny grains of warm sand between your toes?)

2. Post more on not only my blog but also social media (...sorry)
3. Experiment with my style and not be afraid of what other's think (I'm more of a rather be underdressed than overdressed kind of girl)
4. Finish all the books I put off for the summer in excuse I didn't have time during school
5. Capture special moments with the Fuji Film

6. Attend Life in Color 2016

7. Go Paintballing
8. Finish all my photography projects (I would specify but that would ruin all the fun)
9. Film my own summer video

10. Shoot a summer inspired editorial
11. Netflix Marathon (A girl's got to vegetate sometime; I'll be cuddling with a bag of Funyuns watching Charlie Hunnam riding his Davidson into the sunset.)
12. Experiment with different photography themes and styles
13. Visit the Venetian Pools
14. Learn how to longboard without busting my ass
15. Do some Laser tagging
16. Go to a Concert
17. Late night swimming
18. Get/Give a phone number (hoping to grow some courage this summer)
19. Make friends with a stranger

20. Cook/Bake my way through the summer (For a girl who usually just gets her food served to her, this is BIG)
21. Go to a Bonfire 
22. Go to a Yoga Class
23. Start writing Again
24. Make a Summer Scrapbook (including 2014-2016)

25. Keep the tradition of making each summer unique and better than the last.

“Summer was here again. Summer, summer, summer. I loved and hated summers. Summers had a logic all their own and they always brought something out in me. Summer was supposed to be about freedom and youth and no school and possibilities and adventure and exploration. Summer was a book of hope. That's why I loved and hated summers. Because they made me want to believe.”
― Benjamin Alire Sáen


Til next time! (Which I promise will be very soon, there's many things to come before the summer story)

Sincerely and Truly yours,

Jade xo

P.s. All photos are from pinterest seeing as I wanna keep a little mystery of summer shoots ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment