Thursday, July 30, 2015

Musings of an anomalous Miami girl

Hey Babes! Happy 1 year Anniversary to "The Girl with the Red Bandana"







    This is gonna be a bit of an anomalous post, but I just really felt like this was necessary. Whoever reads my blog and has stayed with me through all my unorganized and awkward writings, Thank you; it means so much to me and I promise and hope that things will only get better!

     This post is about me and my blogging experience so far, seeing as you know as much as my summarized about me pages can tell you and small tidbits revealed in my old posts.




I am a born and raised Miami girl, raised by a Panamanian mother and sister.





I love to read, write, and take pictures (specifically of people) and I'm just trying to figure out what to do with my future and avoid being homeless just like everyone else.

" I have a thing for words. I'm a logophile with a latent talent of foot in mouth disease. I aspire to speak beautifully, but usually end up tongue-tied or blurting out the wrong thing. Eighteen to Twenty-four hours later the perfect one-line zinger will dance across the stage of my brain. It's a talent."

My favorite word is anomalous, as some of you may notice I use it every chance I get.

I won't boast but I'm proud to say that my photography has won and been featured in Scholastics, Junipr Orange Bowl, Ringling Awards, and Capture Coral Gables.
P.s I'm in my final year of highschool which I've failed to mention. So in that reason the niche and content of this blog is in constant change cause I'm still trying to figure out who I am, what I want, and who I want to be.





I have aspirations to be a vintage/retro enthusiast, its my lifestyle choice. I swear I was destined for the retro/vintage life. I don't feel like I was born in the wrong era but the right one to bring it back and make it my own. My obsession bloomed with my idolization of Dita Von Teese in my younger years and now a youtuber, (Whom I'm hoping to make a post about in the near future) Ashley Marie Rosas; also known as PinUpDollAshleyMarie.

Dita Von Teese

PinUpDollAshleyMarie








I freaking love looking at photos on instagram of all these women with their everyday pinup style and I so badly want to be a part of that world. (I feel like The Little Mermaid) But all puns aside, everything about it is so beautiful, feminine, and empowering; it can really bring out a women's inner vixen. 

This is my crew(Amazing Friends):

This is actually a sneak peek into a photo post that will be coming very soon...

I love men with beards and tattoos that can make me laugh; I'm only human and everyone has their preferences.




     I'm also unconditionally and irrevocably in love with Jason Momoa, if you've seen my summer story and my Halloween posts my devotion is true. Meeting him was the most euphoric experience, I remember seeing him with arms wide open and I ran into them burrowing my face into his chest. Also effectively smudging my lipstick and messing up my hair but I couldn't have been happier. He smelled like leather, wood, beer, and just plain manly man...I don't have stalkerish tendencies I swear. I just admired him for too long and to finally meet him and touch him was just... By the end of the day my brain couldn't fathom the fact that I physically met him. I had always seen him on my screen and to actually seem him as a tangible,  3D person was something my heart or mind could not process.

Swoon...
Anyway following my fangirling,


I have kinky natural hair that I'm proud to have and constantly trying to maintain and style. (I get it from my mama).


yeah...



I love food; Asian, Italian, and Meat; I just love my Dim Sum, Pasta, and Rib eye.

I have pointy nails; I love to file them into claws, a lot people don't like them and yes I've scratched a stranger or two but I love my nails a lot.








One of the biggest inspirations in my life is my sister, she fostered my talents, molded my personality, and taught me what's wrong and right, I am the way I am because of her. We share a 16 year difference and we're half sisters but just as close as two sisters can be.







Much to her disappointment (ironically for someone with quite a few tattoos), I love body ink, obsessed actually; I just think tattoos are absolutely beautiful.




The pleasantries of facts:

Favorite book: On the Road by Jack Kerouac
Favorite band: The National
yet my favorite dynamic duo is Lana del Rey and the Rap God himself, Eminem.





Movies: I love Wes Anderson films



I'm a cry baby...

Favorite Color: Red
Favorite Shows: The Nanny, Sons of Anarchy, and Game of Thrones (My tastes tend to be a far cry from each other and Jax Teller is a total babe)
and two halves of my heart are currently shared by Miami and New York.






     I want to be a photo journalist with a minor in business administration but I have a back up plan as an editor with another in with a final back up plan for culinary school...a girl's got to have her options.
Right now I'm just a bit confused, as normal as it is, it can be a bit tumultous. I don't know how or where my life is gonna go, I don't when its gonna really start on my own terms. I'm just trying to figure out which firework to light with my match of faith.

I started blogging around the summer of last year, I had been wanting to start one for a long time but always set it back because I never knew where to start. I'm not gonna lie when I first started out I had no idea where the hell this blog was going, what kind of content was gonna be on here. I actually never even seen much of other blogs aside from A Beautiful Mess. All I knew is I wanted to post photos and be recognized. I feel like that last part sounds a bit greedy but I wasn't really sure on what my drive should be. It was after my summer story that I realized that I didn't care if I had 1 or 100 views (though it's nice to have). I wanted this blog to be my own, to be different. For a good amount of time I had been comparing myself to other blogs that are bigger, it wasn't until after a little self loathing and realization that I don't want or need to be like other blogs. If there's something different about that that makes it stand out from the rest, then everything else should just fall in place.

     I also realized that I can't expect everything I want to happen perfectly so quickly, and I don't mind I rather let my little blog grow slowly with what I have and be happy with it then push it to fit into a category of if you've read one you've read them all.

     I still don't know much about blogging, but I'm slowly learning. I'm using this as a practice for my photojournalism dreams, and I honestly I love it. Blogging is one of the funnest thing I've ventured in, in a while. In all honestly there are days that I'm just stuck, and I don't know what to do; but i haven't gotten the feelings of giving up yet so that's got to mean something, right? I've had days where my mind is running 90 thoughts a second and I'm just trying to do one post so I don't do anything that day cause I'm just running back in forth in a room trying to accomplish something.

     But there are days I'm just sitting on the floor in my alpaca blanket, wearing a comfy black dress, eating a cinnamon bun, and just letting my fingers type without a care in the world.

I'm sorry it's taking me forever to post, I have drafts upon drafts but procrastination and time are kicking my butt and for that I'm sorry, I'm grateful and surprised everyay to see the number constantly grow in views on my blog. That's what pushes me to get off my lazy ass to write and capture; I'm trying and I promise I'll do better.



I love the whole concept of it and I have goals and aspirations for my blog. This blog is my baby and I wanna grow into something you, the readers, and I, can be proud of.





     I'm not sure what else to say but I have a whole bunch of new content and ideas on the way! This was more of a screed than a musing... Anyway thank you guys for everything, if you have any questions or comments for me I'd really like to hear about them below!

Until next time!



Sincerely and Truly yours,

Jade xo




No comments:

Post a Comment