Saturday, October 11, 2014

Revelations and Curls?


Hey guys so I'm making a short post today, because I just had a revelation.





 The photo up there is me when I was really around 7, my hair was very long and fully relaxed. For those of you who don't know:
  1. relaxer is a type of lotion or cream generally used by people with tight curls or very curly hair which makes hair easier to straighten by chemically "relaxing" the natural curls."

    Here are some examples:




So I've been relaxing my hair for as long as I can remember. Due to relaxer my hair got really damaged and fragile and broke a lot, the whole back of my head was shorter then the rest, so I had to cut it all off. I decided to let it grow natural and healthy before I decide to put anymore chemicals in my hair. 

I've finally grown out my hair to be natural, this morning I was gonna cry my eyes out because it was so curly and I didn't know what to do: but I decided to take a cleansing breath and just embrace it. There was nothing I could do, this was my hair, this was me, and I chose to let the chemicals grow out. Four hair products and a few bobby pins later, I'm happy.


I just felt like sharing this epiphany with you guys, 'cause this means a lot to me. I've never liked my hair, and I just really felt like this monumental that I've accepted this part of me. 



See you guys soon!

Sincerely and Truly yours, 

Jade xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment