Thursday, September 25, 2014

Halloween is Creeping.

Hey guys so Tuesday was the first day of Fall, as with comes my favorite holiday of the year, All Hallows' Eve!








 Halloween for short. Now my favorite part of Halloween is the cold wind as it hits your spine and you watch as the orange leaves past right by you as your long skirt drags along the pavement leaving you with nothing but a small shiver.


I love watching the amazing make up tutorials, and all the intricately made faces. I love the costumes and makeup whether it be pretty or scary and sometimes both!



I love all the creative and cool costumes, which leads to my costume this year. My friends and I do group themed costumes, last year we did princesses and which I was Mulan.
This year we're doing TV themed costumes. I mentioned before that Game of Thrones is one of my favorite TV shows and one of my favorite characters is Khal Drogo.

Despite his intense glare, one of the reasons I love him is because he is actually very kind and gentle when not in the presence of his khalasar (clan of warriors).

 Yes he is a man, and I'm doing a gender bend, I saw a bunch of cute women Khal Drogo costumes and got really excited to do mine.

The costumes can actually be feminine and pretty yet it's never complete without the scary façade, the glare makes the costume.

So I shall be making another blog post soon on the process of creating my costume, because this is not one I can just but right off the rack. I made a list of items to buy and make:

Brown/ tan tights or boot cut pants
Cloth gauze
Something for fur skirt 
Boots
Arakh (curved sword)
Two small blades
Sheaths 
Brown arm bands- leather strings 
Blue paint
Face makeup- black eyeshadow and other for scar
Nude/brown bandeau
Brown yarn 
Gold belt- triple/double cardboard circles glued together. With box cutter knife cut out shapes and glue on Normal cardboard- spray paint gold 
Black boots

Also I'll be posting pictures of decorations for my house. Let me know what you guys think or have any advice, also what's your favorite or least favorite thing about Halloween? Let me know in the comments. Remember eat, drink, and be scary!

Sincerely and Truly yours,

Jade xo

No comments:

Post a Comment