Thursday, January 1, 2015

Make Up Favorites and Regrets of 2014

Hello again lovelies!





So this post opens a new theme on my blog, which is beauty. When  I set goals for my blog, I hoped to make it open and as many topics as it can be, with close relation to photography. To finish of 2014 completely I wanted to share my current make up favorites and regrets with you. Also I'm not an expert on make up but I'm starting to learn a lot this year, becoming more interested, and these reviews may not be the same as others, but these are through my experience.





So to start out with is my L'OCCITANE Iris Angelica Sublime Beauty Cream SPF 30
 in Clair/Light. I love this BB cream a lot, It's a bit pricy but I felt it was worth it. I got one for the first time two years ago and I haven't changed since. It goes on easily and leaves my face with a natural look, it matches my tone evenly and smooths it out; It makes my skin look flawless. It reduces any redness I have in my face and the sun protection is a bonus although before I start with any make up, I put on SPF moisturizer. I'm very protective of my skin and I actually want it to be really light so I try my hardest to ward away the sun. You can find it in stores or here (P.S. right now they're having a sale so you should go check it out.)


Next Bronzer. So I just recently got a Bronzer and I've never had one before, so the one I got is Physicians Formula Bronze Booster Glow-Boosting Season-to Season Bronzer and it has different shades by season. It was given to me as a gift and it's a nice Bronzer but I don't think it was right for me. First it was medium to dark in which it was too dark for my skin tone and its mainly all glitter. Second it kind of ruined me for all bronzers, not because it was terrible or anything but I like having a pale/light complexion so to speak so I wasn't really comfortable with the tan on my skin. I've heard mixed reviews about this and how it barely shows, with my experience it shows a lot, but I wouldn't get this bronzer again. 

Following is actually a palette from one of my favorite beauty lines, it has yet to disappoint me. So I got Stila Girl Travel Palette Striking In South Beach for Christmas (I'm a Miami girl, I love Stila, and I love dark colors especially in make up so I knew without a doubt this would be a favorite!) and the sad truth the only thing I've used in it a lot is the blush. I've used everything on the palette and it's all great but my usual style is simply eye liner and mascara, so the smokey eye is a rarity. This make-up stays on for a long time, goes on smooth and is a great value for the money. I love the blush color and since I had started playing with bronzers, I decided to use the one on the palette and I liked it much better than the physicians formula, it's very subtle and has a nice color. The directions that are included are great if you are new to eyeshadow but create more of a nighttime look. The eyeshadow colors come with blue,silver, grey, and purple; I love the colors and the palette, this is definitely worth the buy and one of my favorites. It's part of a beach collection and is no.3.




Next a must have and a product I couldn't live without, Nyx Push Up Bra Eyebrow Pencil, it does exactly what it says to do. I love the look of dramatic arched eyebrows, and I rarely can afford getting mine done all the time, I bought an eyebrow pencil with much convenience includes a highlighter. I love this pencil it matches my eyebrow color and helps me shape them dramatically, with the help of the highlighter it arches my eyebrows more.The highlighter glides on smoothly and blends well while the other side matches my brows perfectly and is easy to apply. I have no complaints at all with this product, I'm constantly buying it because I cannot live without it and it has a good low price. You can check it out here.


Moving along, Eyeliner and Mascara! Stila again has stayed true to me, it's Stay All Day Water Proof Liquid Eyeliner is my best friend. It's perfect for me in every way, I love dark black eyeliners and this is perfect for me. It last's long, dries quick which is must because I have hooded eyes and make thick lines, and it glides on smoothly; doing a cat eye with this liner has never been easier and more impressive. I'm constantly buying this eyeliner, it's worth it's price. You can find it here. I recently bought a MAC eyeliner for the reason that my Stila was sold out and I was itching for eyeliner. I got a Rapid Black Penultimate eyeliner and I'm not going to say it's a bad eyeliner but it's certainly not for me. It's water based, it comes off too easily, and the color is really light, I won't buy this again and I was pretty disappointed seeing as how in the past before Stila I bought their eyeliner pencil which was really black and smooth.
(Stila)
Mascara.
I have two different Mascaras both are my favorite and both for two occasions. I have Maybelline Colossal Cat Eye Mascara which, true to it's word compliments my Cat Eye. The Maybelline Mascara is waterproof and has a curved brush that creates long eyelashes. My second one is for everyday wear and I recently found out most of my friends and family have it, which is the L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga . It lengthens and darkens my lashes a lot which I really need cause I have minimal and medium to short eyelashes. Both are a favorite and worth the price, they're easy to find in a local drug store or in their links.


Finally, one of my personal favorites, Lipstick & Lip Liner. So lipstick is part of my daily make up routine. My favorite lipstick is MAC Ruby Woo and with a lip liner that matches the shade perfectly is Kiss Me Quick. The lipstick is very popular and I chose that as my main red because one of my idols Dita Von Teese claimed that it was a lipstick she used a lot and as an admirer I felt I must get the same lipstick and I was not disappointed with the matte at all. The color is a beautiful red and and it lasts very long. You can find it here.  Next lipstick is one I use everyday because of color but not quality, I have a friend who bought the exact same lipstick and loves it but I tolerate it. It's Maybelline Divine Wine Matte. It starts creamy but dries out extremely to the point that when I talk I feel my lips extremely rough and the lipstick clots on my lip. I know Mattes have that texture for long lasting wear and look but this one was just uncomfortable on my lips. I love the color and it's bearable when I put chapstick on first then the lipstick but I wouldn't buy this lipstick again, but it isn't horrible for it's price and most people really like the lipstick. Lastly the Black Heart Sure Shot Lipstick, my friends love this lipstick I like it a lot but I can't wear it because when I do I get an unusual allergic reaction so I can't really wear it but, I've red nothing but positive reviews on it, the color is a really nice red and its nice and creamy and the price is really cheap. You can find it here.






I'd like to thank you all for bearing with me through my very first review and beauty post. I love each and everyone of you and I hope this year is one of the best of years.

Until Next Time!

Sincerely and Truly yours,

Jade xo

No comments:

Post a Comment